Internships at the Australian Embassy, Jakarta
Applications for internships at the Australian Embassy Indonesia are now open. We welcome applications from Australian and Indonesian postgraduate students to undertake an internship over the period 29 May to 21 July 2017. Applications close on Sunday 26 February 2017. Applications received outside this date will not be considered.
About the Internship Program
The Internship Program at the Australian Embassy in Jakarta provides a unique opportunity for postgraduate students to gain valuable international relations experience working in Australia’s largest overseas post. As strategic partners, Indonesia and Australia enjoy an extensive framework of cooperation and interns will gain first-hand experience in strengthening this partnership.
Internship positions will be available across a range of disciplines related to the work of the Embassy including; economic and trade, political, corporate, public diplomacy, international development and education. Interns will work closely with Australian officials as well as locally engaged staff.
The internships will be for a period of 8 weeks.
Interns will be responsible for a discrete project that is meaningful to both the Embassy and the intern’s learning and development. Duties may include:
- research and reporting on economic, political, agricultural or education issues;
- supporting public diplomacy campaigns and events;
- supporting finance and corporate management;
- reporting on development outcomes; or
- supporting the design of development interventions.
- Internship Opportunities
There are a range of internship opportunities available, for examples:
- Advocacy and Outreach
- Aid Program Management
- Australian Federal Police
- Development Cooperation
- Economic and Trade Policy
- Human Resources (Corporate)
- Media and Strategic Communications
To participate in the program students must meet the following criteria:
- be an Australian or Indonesian citizen;
- currently completing or recently completed a postgraduate degree;
- be available for the full internship period; and
- have Intermediate English (at a minimum).
- Students with a connection to Australian or Indonesian international relations are preferred.
For further information, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions section in the first instance. All other inquiries should be directed to email@example.com.